Monday, September 21, 2009

ART and the art of selling art

I obviously need a show
or
an event that results in my artwork being displayed

An event sounds like something that could result in my being arrested which I hope isn't the case but whatever happens happens.

All I really know is that I need to expand the amount of eyeballs that can critique what I do and within that expansion will come a desire to own my originals. "From these words to God's ears." And those are very likely some extremely large ears.

Of course A PATRON is the term used back in the day.

It only takes one and generally one of those might appear at a gallery show.

It's a lot like the chicken or egg dealio. One before the other helps the other become another and so on and so on.....

My previous gallery experiences ended in the world of bizarro when three different galleries reported that individual pieces of my PUZZLE ART had been stolen.

I actually think the three puzzles with missing pieces have a unique value. They tell a very interesting story.

They could be included in a show but they really aren't close to what I've been doing in the last ten years.

My PUZZLE PERIOD will always hold a special place in my heart. It was the period of art in my life that proceeded Sean's physical departure.

I realize that a individual show should encompass a wide range of work. It would be nice to retrieve some of my sold items and include them, but record keeping seems to be a missing element within my structural awareness.

There might be a few other missing elements within that structure....and that might explain why I'm so interested in the FLOW and in the precise MOTION that happens when I create a piece of art...and then of course in the detail needed to complete said piece of art.

It's time to display in an organized venue and then it's time to start working in a larger "studio."

My current "studio" seems to limit the size of my projects.

It's time

I have some unique ideas for the show and I look forward to seeing you there.

By the way...it's kinda like a wedding.

It takes time and it takes planning
and there will be no last minute eloping.

You will receive an invitation and you will be asked to RSVP

Think of my artwork as my life's partner

and keep in mind
there
will
be
dancing

Michael Timothy McAlevey


















No comments: