Friday, August 28, 2009

Mom

Today my mom would be 87 in her physical reality. I have no idea how old she is in her non-physical reality but it's probably a much higher number.

Meredith Ann Mathews McAlevey Gustelius was a Southern California girl. She attended University High and met my dad at a USO dance before he went overseas.

She was married a couple of times and had three children

Gerald
Michael
Galen
also known as Jerry, Timmy and Gigi

When I was about seven years old she decided that our family needed a change and we moved from the Hollywood hills to the dirt roads of Sylmar in the San Fernando Valley. (1952)

She became the President of the 4-H club within a few years and we all turned into little ranch hands.

My brother and my sister have never stopped being animal lovers while I on the other hand I am personal friends with a Yorky named Ollie but he's not mine and I've never owned an animal since the Sylmar days.

Obviously something happened to me that didn't happen to my brother and sister.

There isn't enough therapy time to find out so I'll just be animaless...without any regrets.

My mom made sure we had a wide range of animals in our Sylmar days but I don't recall her having her own animals other than a BUNCH of boxer dogs.

One of her boxers had a litter of 18 pups....and I'll always remember that day. It never seemed to stop and they just kept coming and coming and coming.

My mom was the mid-wife and it was probably one of her favorite days on earth.

She moved from this physical reality in 1980 at the age of 58. That's five years younger than I am today.

Happy Birthday Mom in your other reality....and say hi to Sean.

Michael Timothy McAlevey






No comments: