Friday, July 24, 2009

THE SHAME?

As reported in LA Times July 24 2009

An 8 year old girl was recently raped in Arizona by four boys ranging in age from 14 to 9.

That in itself is a horrible tragic story but it gets worse.

The father of the victim told family services that he didn't want her back. "Take her, I don't want her," he was quoted as saying when Child Protective Services contacted him.

Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas explained that the refugee family from Liberia is very strict in their belief systems regarding woman and acts of violence. Women are blamed for being raped or for enticing a man by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Tony Weedor, a Liberian refugee and founder of CenterPoint International Foundation says "It's a SHAME-based culture so the crime is not as important as protecting the family name and the name of the community."

"They are much more concerned about the shame she brought on the family."

THE SHAME?
THE SHAME?
THE SHAME?

I'm sorry but if that family doesn't take her back then they should be put on the first boat leaving for Liberia.

I realize it might be the best thing that could happen if she found a new family and tried to start a new life....but I don't see that happening.

The intense amount of therapy needed to explain things to the father of this poor girl might not be enough to change his mind...after all his family name as been shamed.

As far as I'm concerned his family name is SHIT and that harsh name calling was brought about by the father's action and has nothing to do with the girl.

THE FATHER HAS NO IDEA HOW STUPID HE SOUNDS AND HAS NO IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LIVE IN A SOCIETY WHERE VICTIM'S DON'T FEEL SHAME FROM THE BEHAVIOR OF SICK AND VIOLENT PEOPLE.

And speaking of SICK people.

THE PARENTS OF THOSE FOUR BOYS SHOULD ALSO BE ARRESTED AND HELD FOR QUESTIONING....and then sent to bad parents prison.

This is an example of extremely poor parenting and they should be held accountable!

I think the best solution would be to have the 8 year old girl adopted by Brad and Angie and then send her father and any family member who agrees with him...back to Liberia.

America is the land of opportunity....not the land of stupidity.

I hate this story and I feel sick to my stomach that I had to read something so horrible on a beautiful Friday morning.

I apologize for extending the misery.

But sometimes there is no shame and this story confirms that there are still pre-Homo-Sapiens existing on the planet.

The weather in Santa Monica is once again 72 and there is a slight breeze coming in off the ocean. My garbage disposal was just replaced by the landlord after months of on and off and on and off behavior.

I wish I could deposit the memory of this story in the new disposal....
hum....maybe I can if I use some of Harry Potter's and Dumbledore's tricks.

Take the memory...put it in a small container and then drop it in the disposal....

It probably worked but I shouldn't have used a glass vial...it made a very ugly sound.

And a small piece of glass flew up in my face and now I have to go to the emergency room.

Shame on me!

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: