Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I was hopeful but.....

I didn't get a chance to watch Michael Jackson's last show at Staples Center but I was really hoping the news would report that Michael popped out of his coffin and started singing his new song called "Life and Death" that he had been working on for the last few years.

IF ANYBODY WAS CAPABLE OF PULLING OFF THAT TYPE OF STUNT IT WOULD BE MICHAEL

BUT ALAS.....no stunts just more entertainment. I talked to a few people that watched it and they said it was a very emotional show.

Watching the aftermath of Michael's passing it's very easy to say that he was indeed an icon and one of the top five entertainers of all time. His popularity is equaled to Elvis and his world wide support far surpasses the other King.....but then one has to remember that Elvis had no video and no Internet exposure.

I'd like to imagine the King of Rock and Roll welcoming the King of Pop to the BIG KINGDOM and immediately asking him how he did that crazy backward walk....and then the King of Pop simply says to the King of Rock and Roll....."hey dude...how did you sing like that?"

AND THEN THEY STROLL OFF CASUALLY AND WALK DOWN BY THE RIVER AND CHIT CHAT ABOUT LIFE AFTER LIFE.

I appreciate having watched both of them in my lifetime.....

.....almost as much as watching ACDC....but not quite.

Michael Timothy McAlevey









No comments: