Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael

I'm not about to ramble on about how Michael Jackson was misunderstood...but he was.

That kid who got $20 million dollars from Michael is the only one who can tell us the truth and apparently he was more than willing to lie in court.

People absolutely want to believe the worst about unique people...especially people with talent, money and power. And then when you add the odd behavior regarding his appearance the guy had no chance among the media. The media loves to expose bumps in the road and then act like they invented the art of paying tribute.

His WE ARE THE WORLD concert in 1985 was the first of it's kind....except for the 1971 Bangladesh concert, and in 1971 everyone was so high that they didn't remember they had that concert until 1981

Michael entertained us since the age of 5. That's forty-five years of great music. I actually bought a few of his albums back in the album buying days and anyone who knows me knows the music purchasing list is pretty small in my life.

BLACK and WHITE is still my favorite song by Michael...and the beginning of that song where Malcullay Caulkin is playing the music too loud is still one of my favorite moments in recorded music. The song is unquestionably one of the great dance songs ever written.

I was really looking forward to seeing excerpts from his London shows. I hope they've recorded some of the rehearsals.

The real fact is that three children lost their father yesterday and my heart goes out to them. If DNA means anything than I suspect we will be hearing from them ( musically) in the future.

The only flaw I can see is that Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson didn't conceive a child while they were married.

That seemed like a no-brainer.

And one last point....now that Michael has passed on there's no question that Prince is the greatest living entertainer.

Michael is now experiencing the only judge that matters and I have a feeling all the good deeds far outweigh the silly innuendo's and odd physical altercations.

Children in heaven now have the ultimate entertainer for those Sunday afternoon concerts down by the river.

Michael Timothy McAlevey




No comments: