Friday, May 8, 2009

TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIA

So the other night, while the Dodgers were setting a MAJOR LEAGUE record for most wins to start a season at home, Vin Scully started talking about the number 13. He even went so far as to explain that the back of a dollar bill has numerous 13 ramifications and he actually spent 3 to 4 minutes on the subject.

During last night's game while the Dodgers were leading 6-0 after five innings Vin casually brought up that there probably weren't any TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIACTS popping up tonight.

I thought to myself that the number 13 damage had already been done with the Manny story but then remembered that the team is a team and winning is the name of the game. I was a little tired and decided to hit the sack early thinking that the 13 jinx was just another silly thing along the road of numerous silly things.

I woke up this morning and started reading the newspaper and was shocked to learn that the Dodgers had lost the game 11-9. And they lost the game to the team with the worst record in baseball.

I really don't think there's much more to say about this.
I really don't think there's much more to say about this.
I really don't think there's much more to say about this.

13
13
13

Now if the Dodgers lose 13 games in a row I think it will mean the end of civilization as we know it.

oh...by the way
I'm not writing anything about Manny for the next 50 games.

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: