Sunday, April 12, 2009

All my Eggs in ONE basket

I make a point of not just ridiculing people who still adhere to the principles of Christian ideology...instead I try to ridicule ALL ORGANIZED RELIGIONS....but deep down inside, because of 12 years of Catholic schooling, I have a special area designated for the organization behind the formulation of my youthful indoctrination.

I'm wondering how the Egg and the Rabbit dealio came into being to the point of dominating a day that is the cornerstone of the Christian belief system.

I'm starting to wonder if there is another entire story here that has been overlooked.

TIME
33 AD
TWO DAYS AFTER JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED
PLACE
Small 3 bedroom house just south of Mt. Calvary
WHO
Small group of friends and family gathered to celebrate the life of Jesus

As they sit around trying to make sense of the tragic episode that took place two days earlier, one of the friends....probably Thomas...suddenly comes up with an idea.

THOMAS
"Why don't we get some eggs from the barn and paint them with bright colors and then hide them all around Herod's house so when he wakes up over the next few days there will be a rotten smell....and then when he finds the colorful eggs he will be extremely confused and will wonder if it's special sign from GOD."
MARY THE MOM
"That would seem like a waste of good food Thomas."
THE OTHER MARY
"Maybe we could paint plastic eggs and that would really confuse the situation"
JOSEPH
"What's plastic?"
THE OTHER MARY
"See....it's already working."
JOHN
"We could really mess with people if we convinced them that eggs could come from a giant rabbit."
ELMER( just a friend)
"That's a good one John...you always come up with the wackiest stuff dude."
THE OTHER MARY
"I think we should wait a few years for the egg idea because I have a sneaky feeling something rather huge is going to happen tomorrow."
JAMES
"You always get the inside scope of big stuff Mary.....can you give us a clue? Is it about Jesus?
THE OTHER MARY
"All I can say is that rotating Sunday Mornings during early April will be a very important day in the future for millions and millions of people."
JUDUS
"I need to go take care of some personal business."
MATTHEW
"What's plastic?"
SIMON
"I'm not feeling like a rock."
MARY THE MOM
"You will when you change your name to Peter."
PHILIP
"Let's get back to this egg thing for a minute...I think it sounds like fun to paint eggs and hide them."
ANDREW
"That sounds silly Phil....who in their right mind would think that hiding painted eggs would be fun?"
JOSEPH
"Seriously....what's plastic?"
THE OTHER JUDAS
"I bet the kids would like it....and it could take their minds off the bad thing that happened to Jesus."
THE OTHER MARY
"I think you are all going to feel different tomorrow.....let's all meet at the tomb at daybreak and just see what happens. I'm pretty sure the world will never be the same."
THOMAS
"Can I bring some painted eggs and a big rabbit?"
THE OTHER MARY
"Whatever Thomas....but I doubt that you will have time to do all that."
THOMAS
"Why does everybody always doubt me?"
SIMON
"You think I should change my name to Peter?"
JAMES
"We could call you Peter Rabbit."
THE OTHER MARY
"That's another story for another time....but imagine talking rabbits"

AS A GROUP THEY ALL SAY

HUH????????????
AT THE SAME TIME

And somehow what we celebrate today started with that small dinner party.

Always keep in mind that everything big started with one small thought
at one single moment
on one short day

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW
BUT
I
BELIEVE
ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING
IS
POSSIBLE

And that's the cornerstone of what millions and millions of people celebrate today as their children sneak around the backyard trying to find colorful eggs with candy and money inside.

I simply wonder if Jesus wonders how the egg and rabbit dealio became so big?

But I've always had high expectations that laughter is plentiful at the next level

I do know we could use a little bit more here from time to time.

HAPPY EASTER

Michael Timothy McAlevey

2 comments:

Steve said...

That is also some very funny stuff... Tell me a story Tim...

Anonymous said...

So how did they figure out to hard boil them eggs? Was that the other Mary or the other other Mary?
It certainly wasn't Simon. He was too busy figuring out what he should be named/called.
So "hard boiling." This in an early Christian issue.