Thursday, February 26, 2009

I SMELL THE GRASS

The smell of fresh cut grass is running through my nose and settling deep in my heart and since I'm taking a beta-blocker it's really nice to know that the beginning of major league baseball is still part of my annual routine.

Personal annual routines have a way of disappearing when your heart stops working...or in my case when your heart works too fast.

I'm happy to report at this moment in time, on February 26 2009, my heart seems to be beating at a normal rate of around 60 beats a minute. Considering that four months ago it was averaging about 140 beats a minute, this present situation is quite positive. It doesn't mean I won't have a stroke but it does mean that the problem with my heart can start to fix itself......because I was told by the doctors that if I had a regular heartbeat (60-65) the problem was repairable.

Spring Training has a way of healing most winter blues.

BASEBALL HAS A WAY OF HEALING EVERYTHING

Well...maybe not everything. I can't imagine how it can help the economy on a large scale but it does allow a very large part of the population to focus on something they love other than the pressing problems of a nation trying to recover from whatever that was taking place between 2000 and 2008.

I personally think, even though I will never be able to prove it, that Dick Cheney set the tone for America during the last eight years. Everybody knows about his influence on the White House but very few people understand how his attitude could depress the entire country.

I'M SORRY BUT IT'S NIXONesque IN SCOPE. It's probably hard to imagine that one person's personality could affect the entire nation but DICK CHENEY is an asshole and I believe the important decisions that came from the Oval Office over the last eight years came from the heart and the mind of the REAL DICK.

THAT FACT THAT BOTH NIXON AND CHENEY ARE DICKS IS JUST TOO FREAKING STRANGE.

IF WE EVER ELECT ANOTHER DICK TO ANYTHING OF IMPORTANCE WE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF OURSELVES.

Boy....to think a few minutes ago I was excited about Spring Training and now I am totally pissed off about Dick Cheney really proves how sinister he was.

But maybe once the season gets under way I will be able to finally put the Real Dick behind me and move forward but I have a feeling it might not be that easy.

If the Dodgers sign Manny that might help.
If the Dodgers sign a quality starter that might help.
If the Dodgers hired Nomar as a player coach that might help.
If the Dodgers brought back Ross Porter that might help.
If the Dodgers signed Ron Fairly to replace Charlie Steiner that might help.
If the Attorney General of the United States indited Dick Cheney for war crimes that might help.

IT JUST WON'T GO AWAY.....I PROMISE TO STOP TALKING ABOUT THE REAL DICK FOR AWHILE JUST TO HELP THE HEALING PROCESS.

Hopefully the out of sight out of mind dealio will start working soon.

Hopefully Baseball will really help me and help America get back to having a good season.

AMERICA NEEDS A GOOD SEASON and having a good manager should really help.

PLAY BALL!

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: