Monday, February 2, 2009

15 and 15 and 15

15 years ago
15 years old
15 minutes a day that I don't think about him....maybe
I get the feeling that people are through listening to my take on Sean's LEVEL CHANGING experience of 1994
but
I also have total resolve regarding NEO-ILLUMINATIONS and fully believe
that everything I really think about the LEVEL CHANGING experience of 1994
is covered in that project.

But then again I'm still trying to accept the fact that I'm one of those few unlucky fathers who has lost a teenage son.

IT'S A RATHER SMALL FRATERNITY...and it's a fraternity that I wished did not exist.
I don't want to belong to it but in truth I don't want anyone to belong.

BUT I DO
and
that's
that

Michael Timothy McAlevey



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2/3/59-2/3/94-2/3/09

crazy that it has been that long. crazy that it ever happened.
buddy holly, richie valens, and the big bopper.

Don Mclean's American Pie.

That was the song that Teak Dyer assked to be played at her funeral. She was 17. She died a week later. They didn't play that song. At least, I never heard it. But I was 9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ8miTErh-o&feature=related


much love

-seamus

Anonymous said...

The reason I mentioned them... is because in a way... Sean is part of another fraternity.

He shares the date Feb 3 with Buddy Holly and them.