Sunday, January 25, 2009

WHAT'S THE MATTER?






I love this subject
Following excerpt (Page 109) is from the National Geographic Collector's Edition book called

SPACE

THE ONCE AND FUTURE FRONTIER

Dark Matter and Dark Energy account for 96 percent of our Universe.

96 PERCENT

They....DM and DE...emit no detectable radiation and the gravity of DARK MATTER is what holds our Universe together.

FIRST...I'M JUST HAPPY THAT OUR UNIVERSE IS TOGETHER...IT MAKES EVERYTHING SO MUCH.....
NICER

During the first ten billion years of our Universe the attractive gravity of Dark Matter dominated the effects of Dark Energy. About four billion years ago, Dark Energy took over accelerating the expansion of the Universe, which is now speeding to an unknown future.

Of all the mass and energy in the Universe, Dark Energy makes up 71 percent..Dark Matter 25 percent and ordinary matter and energy....atoms, stars, planets, you and me....make up 4 percent.

ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE...IT'S FOUR PERCENT OF PURE MALARKEY AND
CONSISTENT TWISTED BEHAVIOR....MIXED IN WITH A TON OF AWE AND LOTS OF LOVE.

Personally I 'm happy to be part of the four percent. The other stuff just seems way too intense.

BEAUTIFUL but intense...which reminds me of some women I know.


Which by the way is another subject I love....but for now go back and look at the pictures and visit ESC, Hubble and Spitzer if you want to see more.

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: