Monday, April 7, 2008

MY Routine has been altered

Every morning for the last 35 years I start my day by reading the morning newspaper and taking care of personal body functions....which are normally followed by a shower and getting dressed. I don't mean to describe personal things but one thing follows another......

The first thing I read are the headlines on the front page....then I turn to the Calender section and read DOONESBURY. I check out my horoscope because it's right next to Doonesbury. Then after that I go back to the front page and look through that section page by page and article by article. Next I peruse the Business section and then finally I read the Sports section.



AFTER MY SHOWER I USUALLY GO TO THE COMPUTER AND WRITE MY BLOG......hopefully in reference to something interesting that was observed while reading the morning paper.


I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO WRITE A BLOG SINCE THE 31ST OF MARCH BECAUSE THE CREATOR OF DOONESBURY DECIDED TO TAKE AN EXTENDED LEAVE OF ABSENCE.

My routine has been drastically altered and I'm not sure how to reconstruct a working solution.

Not only have I not had Doonesbury but I haven't looked at my horoscope either.

Garry Trudeau has been an intricate part of my morning routine for so long that I don't quite know how to deal with the lost.

I think that he should have planned better and had some strips prepared for such a moment.

At least the newspaper could be running some previous strips.

MAYBE I COULD QUIT BEING SUCH A BABY AND LEARN HOW TO OPERATE WITHOUT A MORNING COMIC STRIP.

MAYBE I CAN

MAYBE I WILL

but then again maybe I won't.

I'll just have to wait an see how tomorrow morning goes as I work through the paper.

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: