Monday, February 18, 2008

TRIED BONO but settled for me



I tried to download a video about Bono and an art auction that raised 60 million dollars for AIDs in Africa....but I couldn't get it done...


I've been wanting to add video's to my blog so I guess I have to work a tad bit harder to achieve that goal.


In the meantime I was able to download one of my video's...which contains some of my art that I would love to donate to the cause.

Do you have Bono's cell phone number?

Many of you have seen my video on the UTUBE site.


The BONO project in African is also tied to the Dr. Jeffery Sacks site listed under IMPORTANT SITES on my blog home page. I highly suggest you research the project and watch the videos.


President Bush is in Africa today and AIDs is a focus of his trip....which is a good thing for a lame duck President to do...it will look good at his library.

Thank God Dick Cheney doesn't get a library.....which means that there might actually be some form of karmic justice in the world.

The situation in Kosovo is quite interesting. Yugoslavia has taken another reduction in size, even though it's been awhile since anyone called it Yugoslavia. Recently it's been referred to as Serbia and Montenegro.

After reading about the situation I have learned that this current separation was a direct result of Slobodan Milosevic brutal antics in the 1990's.

I've also learned that Kosovo is predominately Albanian Muslims and it is a Muslim country (almost) that has positive feelings towards the United States. The proof in that pudding is based on the immediate recognition by the United States of Kosovo's right to exist as an independent country.

Apparently Kosovo has a very young population and an extremely high unemployment rate....which means there are a bunch of young Muslims running around with nothing to do all day.

That sounds vaguely familiar.

Serbia on the other hand is a predominately Christian country....and once again religion comes into play.

The population of Kosovo is a little over 2 million.

Russia is concerned because they say it will trigger further separations throughout the region. It's so interesting to look at a World map from 1980 and then at a map from today.

I would say that Russia has a point in worrying about separations...but it seems a bit late to put the cat back in the bag.

I'd say the divorce is final and dividing up the assets seems to be the only question left.

Maybe BONO could focus on problems in that area if he has a few extra minutes in the day. It looks like things could heat up.


Michael Timothy McAlevey


No comments: