Saturday, January 19, 2008

Common sense and maybe I've made up my mind

Two things happened today that seem to make sense.

1)
BARNSTABLE, Mass. - The luck keeps rolling for a convicted bank robber who won a $1 million lottery prize: Though he violated his probation by buying the ticket, a judge says he can keep the money.
A lawyer for Timothy Elliott, 55, called the violation minor, and the Massachusetts lottery commission previously has said there was no basis for withdrawing the prize.
Barnstable Superior Court Judge Richard Connon on Friday approved the probation department's agreement that he could keep the winnings. The only change is that Elliott now must pay a monthly $65 probation supervisory fee, previously waived because he had been indigent.


He said he's going to use the money to attend locksmith school. The judge didn't think that was funny.

2)
I, Michael Timothy McAlevey, have decided that Barack Obama might be the right person for America...at this time in history.

The two things that people seem to think are a problem for him being elected....being African American and having childhood Muslim ties...might be the two main reasons he should be President of the United States.

1)
The entire psyche of Africa might be lifted in ways that could never be calculated...and they need help in ways that aren't normally considered.
2)
It might be hard for pissed off Muslims to look at the United States and not think of us with slightly less "attitude." And pissed off Muslims having less attitude towards us might be the single most important thing achieved by electing

BARACK OBAMA as President of the United States.

I really didn't think it was possible for someone named Barack Hussein Obama to be President of the United States.

I now am stating that I still don't think it's possible...but it might be necessary.

SOMETHING BEING NECESSARY absolutely doesn't mean it's possible and in fact there seems to be quite a few things that are necessary which don't happen....in quite a few arenas throughout the world...

So thus while I am stating that it should happen, I'm still not convinced that he can win a general election...

but I will start voicing my opinion on the two main reasons and maybe it will unfold quietly along the path of political awareness...and reach those certain voters who aren't sure why Barack Obama would be good for America.

I look at all the other candidates and I truly don't see anyone who could galvanize people throughout the world like Barack.

I realize we are in a mode where we don't give a crap what other nations and countries think of us...but I'm fairly certain that not only will change, but should change.

And here I am using the word CHANGE...

but it is the word of the 2008 campaign.

Of course 8 months ago I suggested to Barack that he should change his last name to Russell and drop the Hussein part...but he didn't listen.

IT WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER FOR
BARACK WILSON RUSSELL
TO BE ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

BUT...

BY CHANGING HIS NAME HE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO PLACATE THE PISSED OFF MUSLIMS.

AND I THINK THAT'S THE NUMBER ONE TASK OF ANYONE MOVING INTO THE HOUSE AT 1600 PENNSYLVANIA AVE.

Michael Timothy McAlevey








No comments: