Sunday, December 23, 2007

AMAZING REBIRTH

In 1990 I read a book that would always make my top ten list. At the time I kept recommending the book and those who followed my recommendation always had great responses.
Two weeks ago I noticed that it was number one on the Fiction Paperback list. This week it is again number one and frankly I wondered how this could be......

Then I read an article that in November OPRAH selected it for her BOOK CLUB and that explains everything.

PILLARS OF THE EARTH by Ken Follett is a fictional but historical account of the building of a Cathedral in Kingsbridge, England. Kingsbridge is a fictional location but the novel is arguably one of the best period pieces that has ever been written.

If Oprah can succeed in making a fictional novel from 1989 a best seller.....just imagine what she is doing for Barack.

Her powers are not to be ignored on any level....whether it be literary or political.

I suggest going to the library and getting a hard cover copy.....but I promise if you have any interest in 12th Century developments...that Pillars of the Earth will not only satisfy your story hunger but you be extremely interested to know that after 17 years he released a sequence called World Without End in October 2007.

It would be a nice last minute Christmas present.

Something for your friends and family to read as they meander through Iowa on their way to January 3rd.

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: