Saturday, September 1, 2007

Kick it and Kick off

Officially the college football season started on Thursday but until USC plays.....IT doesn't really start.

Today it officially starts and USC plays Idaho.

Idaho!

Try to imagine how that played out when USC asked them to play a few years ago. I'm pretty sure Idaho didn't call Pete Carroll and if they did then someone in Idaho is smoking pot laced potatoes.

The strange part of the game centers on the point spread. USC is a solid 46 point favorite and the over under is 59. I just can't decide which way to go on this wager.

Oh, yeah I forgot....I don't wager on sporting events....but if I did I think I would take Idaho and the 46 points and the UNDER.

To many things can go wrong with the first game of the season.

One of the strange things about this season is that Notre Dame has a freshman quarterback that has never lost a game. Jimmy Clausen was undefeated in High School. But that's not the strange dealio...the strange fact is that Notre Dame ......
is not ranked in the top 25

I don't remember ND not be ranked in the top 25 but then again it's not my team. The coach Charlie Weis is not revealing who the QB will be until game time.

Of course my focus on ND will increase quite a bit later in the season when the Trojans travel to South Bend.

But tonight Idaho travels to the Coliseum and I simply hope that nobody gets hurt on either team.

I'm amazed that someone in College, and or the Pros, doesn't have a career ending injury on every play.

Football has much better protective padding today but the players are becoming strangely large at every position....especially the defensive positions.

I watch football and just marvel at how few injuries there are.

If I played for Idaho I might start feeling a bit queasy today and maybe by tonight I would be lucky enough to come down with smallpox.

Good luck potato boys.....and I hope that no one has lost anything in the fire that seems to be destroying all the forests around Sun Valley.

From smoke into the fire......it's going to be a tough night for someone.

A new college rule puts the kick off at the 30 instead of the 35....which should add to longer run backs and more injuries.

SO here's to a season of kicking it and kicking off from a new place on the field.

Today ends summer and the next thing you know it will be Christmas morning....oh my God, I haven't done any shopping....maybe I should run out to Wal-Mart and get a few toys from China.

I've been feeling a little low in the lead area lately.

Go Trojans!

Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: