Thursday, May 10, 2007

JOAN OF ARCADIA MOMENT

Yesterday I was in need of the extremely cheap lunch and pulled into McDonald's for two of their $1.oo double cheeseburgers. As I was pulling away from the window I noticed a woman standing in the middle of the driveway. I waited 20 seconds for her to move and watched as she approached my car. I figured it was going to be request for change and I was getting ready to say something about having just enough to get my two cheeseburgers when she said the following words.

"You realize that driving your SUV and buying food at McDonald's that you are supporting the Chinese. McDonald's is a major sponsor for the Beijing Olympics."

I didn't really have a response because she was on point....and since I have been bashing the Chinese lately in my blogs, I just assumed that she was being a conduit for the..... UNIVERSE.

As she started to walk away she said one more thing...."you should act as aware as you think you are."

So like any good American gas guzzling irresponsible citizen......I ran over her and hightailed it down the road.

SERIOUSLY

SHE WAS SIMPLY BEING USED AND I WAS SIMPLY BEING TOLD.

It is amazing how those of us who know right from wrong....continue to act in ways that contradict our beliefs.

When I think about how I think politically and then how I act realistically...I realize that talk really is cheap and that changing one's habits is really the core of the problem.

Those people that walk the walk while talking the talk have so much more validity than those of us who just babble on and on about what's right and wrong....and continue to live without the slightest regard for the overall consequences of our actions.

To think that two double cheeseburgers would be enough to finally push the buttons of higher powers who wonder what the heaven I'm doing.

Of course one has to believe in higher powers for something like this to matter.

I not only believe in higher powers.....I believe in multiple levels of higher powers and I believe that yesterday in a McDonald's parking lot in Culver City California....I was approached BY SOMETHING that was telling me to wake up and walk the walk.

I believe that there are so many levels of creation that if we were totally aware of all the non-physical levels.....our heads would explode. So we get occasional glimpses and clues and never too much at any one time. It really might be one of our main jobs, as human beings, to detect those moments and then response accordingly......or not.

BUT REMEMBER THIS NEO-ILLUMINATION

HAPPINESS MIGHT BE BASED ON MUCH TRUTH ONE CAN IGNORE

and the fact that this short encounter happened on one of my dearest friend's birthday..... is just an added bonus.

I don't think I am suppose to tell him to walk the walk.....but then again
I
guess
I just
did.

So strange how the Universe works.....so very, very strange.

and the reality is.....I could have gone to the store and had two bananas grown in Brazil, where the rain forest is being dangerously eliminated, and let that tide me over until dinner.....but I didn't, and had I gone to Trader Joe's I would not have had a special visit from ????????????????????????????????
How many double cheeseburgers would they sell if they were a quarter? It's sick but I probably would have had four of them....but I can tell you one thing.

I'M GOING TO THINK VERY HARD BEFORE I DO IT AGAIN.

and that's the only thing any of us can do before we conduct an action that might have ramifications for the Earth, and the entire human species....that is just borrowing the land for..........(hopefully)......... a few million years.

THINK ABOUT IT!

MICHAEL TIMOTHY MC ALEVEY



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it might be time to design a t-shirt for the site. We could make a hundread and just hand them out. Time to promote.

Michael Timothy said...

THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE THE SIZE OF SQUIRRELS AND THEY WOULD HAVE TO MADE FROM T-SHIRTS I ALREADY OWN...or they could be made in CHINA.....

BUT THE REAL DEAL IS....I APPREICATE THE FACT THAT YOU THINK MY "STUFF" AS SUBSTANCE....and for that I thank you from the top of my soul.