Saturday, March 24, 2007

Vibrations


In the early 70's I used to practice automatic writing techniques, along with various methods of meditations being offered by "movements" and "personalities." At the time I was living in Fairfax, a small community in Marin County so the "movements" and "personalities" were available on most street corners. I was less inclined to "attend" gatherings and more inclined to "read" HOW TO books on the different methods of searching for that elusive target.....better known as inner peace....or less voices.
The simple answer is that one must just learn to eliminate the amount of thoughts, and sometimes voices, depending on vulnerability and psychosis, that one encounters while trying to relax. When one is busy with a project, the amount of thoughts and voices aren't really a problem because concentration eliminates most obstructions.
When moving into the relaxation state one encounters all the mumbo jumbo taking place and the concept of learning to eliminate the mumbo jumbo has been replaced by acts....such as watching TV.....and more importantly by falling asleep.
Learning to center one's thoughts on a single point of reference is a valuable exercise.
How one does that varies from person to person.
The important thing is learning to do it....unless of course you simply are able to fall asleep no matter how much activity is taking place in your cranial lobe.
I wasn't able to do it when I was younger so I had to learn to center my wild mumbo jumbo down to calm mumbo jumbo and then down to single mumbo jumbo.
As I learned to do that, I discovered that I could enter a type of "trance state" where I could type and not be aware of anything that I was writing. So as not to interrupt these"trance states" I acquired rolls of salmon colored butcher paper from the local grocery store, that would fit in my typewriter and allow me to keep writing without changing paper.
Obviously in those days the word processor and computer where only being used at Stanford, Harvard and the CIA.
These "trance states" would last anywhere from two minutes to four days....or four months....or four years.
I say four days, four months and four years because that's how long I actually played with the technique....in reality the "trance states" would only last as long as the rolls of paper. There would be an interruption while I replaced the rolls and then zippy doodah back into a Timmy "trance state."
I have read quite a bit about automatic writing and now that I am older, and presumably wiser, I'm not quite sure what the hell it was.
"I'm not quite sure what the hell it was"...is a statement that can be applied to many things going on in the late sixties and early seventies.
I'm fairly certain that I enjoyed most of IT....but I'm not sure that everything I did, in those days, was necessary. In fact I'm quite aware that narcissistic tendencies were a vital part of my personality in those days. And when one demonstrates narcissistic tendencies, one later realizes how self centered that can be....which is exactly what being narcissistic is suppose to accomplish, so I can't complain that I achieved some form of success in that area.....after all, that was my goal.
Learning to practice "automatic writing" was one of the off-shoots of that inner search for inner pleasure......within my inner sanctums of illusion.
INNER SANCTUMS OF ILLUSION....that's a good one and opens another entire door regarding that unique time period....but let's stay focused on the single topic of "automatic writing"
It appears I still might have the need to practice the art of single mindedness
IN 1973 I was in one of my "trance states" and pounding away at the typewriter. It's important that you understand that while typing I never would switch to capital letters because the process would interrupt the "flow" of my "trance state." So what you see when looking at these "scrolls" of work, are a lot of typo's and small caps.....and a lot of words running together. Much like this column but with much better spell checking techniques. Needless to say I don't show these scrolls very often for fear of being looked at in a rather odd way. Which now that I think about it....might be way to late.
While in one of my "trance state" episodes I suddenly pushed the space bar four times and then pushed the CAP LOCK button and typed something. I then pushed the space bar four times and clicked off the CAP LOCK and went right back to writing in my "normal" style. It took about five minutes for my brain to register what I had done and that moment of registration brought me out of my "trance state" and into my normal reality. I immediately pulled up the paper and looked at what I had written....keeping in mind that each and every time I entered a "trance state" I had no idea what I had written....but this was the first time I had created capitol letters during an "episode."
I stared at the words and had no idea what the heaven it meant.
VIBRATION IS THE KEY TO UNIVERSAL EXPANSION
It wasn't until I started reading about Quantum Physics, in the mid nineties, that I had any idea what it meant. I'm totally positive that I can't explain what it means, because it has ramifications that go well beyond the scope of what I can scientifically prove. And since I have no scientific credentials and very little mathematical abilities I can only add another one of my NEO-ILLUMINATIONS at this point.....
"Sometimes the soul of an artist knows for sure what the mind of a scientist will never understand."
The "Vibration" quote is the only quote that I included in my NEO-ILLUMINATION book....that came to me during one of my "automatic writing" episodes in the early seventies...
If you think that VIBRATION is not the key to universal expansion...then what the heaven is?
Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: