Friday, January 19, 2007

Weekend for two

This is the most important professional football weekend of the year.
Forget the Super Bowl....that's just a bonus experience. Every year,
every team starts off with one goal....GET TO THE SUPER BOWL.
This weekend there are four teams left and all of us who are fans of
teams NOT involved in these two championship games...will watch...
maybe.
Sunday is the final round of the Bob Hope so I'll be flipping back and forth.
Obviously the sentimental favorite has to be New Orleans.
This is a huge AK event (after Katrina) and if they can leave Chicago with a victory the
country will go nuts....except for the nuts in Chicago.
Personally I think New England being an underdog, is a slap in the face.
SUPER BOWL CHAMPS 3 of the last 5 years. The Colts have a history
of NOT getting to the Super Bowl. I find it hard to believe that a man
with a first name Peyton...would be a Super Bowl hero....yoo hoo Peyton
will you cut my hair?
New England and New Orleans would be a NEW Super Bowl event.
But Chicago has an amazing defense...so I can't get too excited....actually
being a Ram fan I don't really even care.
But the city of New Orleans deserves a big treat....from my mouth to
God's ears.....and besides all those sad, sad Dallas fans should be rooting
for their waterlogged neighbors.
Michael Timothy McAlevey

No comments: