Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last of 2006

Normally I write in Word and then copy/paste to site, but since this is the last entry in the year 2006 I thought I'd work inside....
Working in a program other than Word is a tad bit like being able to sing until you turn on the tape recorder. I realize this program is fully deletable, as is Word, but I'm not quite comfortable.
I was going to use this time to wrap up 2006, but have decided to look forward instead of back.
2007
Double O7
It's really cool if you are a Ian Fleming fan, and also cool if you are into Numerology.
Nine becomes the total of our western calendar year, and nine is a interesting digit. It's fun to look up Numerology and all of its "speculative gibberish." Just like it's fun to check out your Astrology sign, and other fantasy interpretations of human behavior....such as the Bible, Koran. Torah, Veda and the Tripitaka.
The most amazing fact about Divine revelation is that, according to who you speak with, God stopped revealing, shortly after revealing to said group, whatever needed to be revealed.
The Catholics say it stopped with Mathew, Mark, Luke and John....but then we find out that James, Thomas, Mary, and Judas had some things to say....and we didn't find that out until 1945.
Every single religion simply thinks God's pencil sharpener broke after revealing what needed to be revealed.
I'm fairly open to the following concept.....
That God not only still reveals information...but does so in new and fantastically creative ways.
WAYS THAT WOULD ASTOUND.....
If each of us sat down and attempted to record the various ways that a Supreme
Being would reveal information....the list could be quite interesting and extremely long.
Keep in mind that when dealing with a Supreme Being, one is talking about
UNLIMITED CAPABILITIES.
UNLIMITED CAPABILITIES
UNLIMITED CAPABILITIES......and capabilities that have always been....and will always be......available.
The problem with religions....seems to center on the one aspect that has always amazed me.
RELIGIONS OF THE WORLD SEEM TO LIMIT THE CAPABILITIES OF A SUPREME BEING.
I CAN'T SAY THAT RELIGIONS OF THE UNIVERSE PLACE LIMITS ON THE SUPREME BEING, BECAUSE I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER MET ANYONE WHO BELONGS TO ONE OF THOSE RELIGIONS...even though I've had some questions about certain creatures that have popped up in the last 100 years.
I'm not sure Albert Einstein was from Earth....and I'm also not sure about Dolly Parton...and there's a good possibility that Gandhi might have snuck pass the Galaxy border patrol.
Limiting a Supreme Beings capabilities would seem like a very silly thing to do....and when one breaks down all religious doctrine (that claims to be divine revelations) one immediately notices that not only are limitations applied but the door has been closed to further discussions regarding the matter.
Arrogance on the part of Religious leaders might truly be the highest form of arrogance on the planet.
My hope for 2007 is that human beings simply stop placing limits on the capabilities of a Supreme Being.....and keep in mind that if.....
GOD IS LOVE....then all religious doctrine which does not end in the goal of attempting to demonstrate love.....is
HOGWASH

LESS HOGWASH IN 2007
and this might be the only time in my life that I have used the term HOGWASH....
and the fact that I used it in my last entry of 2006
means
one thing
and one thing only
NO MORE HOGWASH
in
2006
Michael Timothy McAlevey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear ya loud and clear here, but I'm saying "no more POPPYCOCK".